Our two new short term plans, Short Term Medical PlusSM and Short Term Medical ValueSM provide temporary coverage for people who are:
- New graduates off their parent’s insurance
- In-between jobs
- Waiting for benefits to begin at a new job
- Early retirees, waiting for Medicare
- In need of a temporary alternative to COBRA
Because we know that life can change quickly, our short term health insurance plans give you the flexibility to drop your coverage at any time without penalty; or to apply for another term of coverage. Based on your needs, the coverage term of the Short Term Medical
can range from one to even twelve months in some states.
With our temporary health insurance, you can choose from a broad range of deductibles and payment options. It usually is more affordable than a traditional individual insurance plan. In addition, you have access to a wide choice of physicians and health-care facilities. Let’s not forget prescription drug discount cards too.
- Offers more coverage.
- You get predictable out-of-pocket expenses.
- Deductible is per term. You satisfy your deductible over the term of the plan for medical services (illness or injury).
- Deductibles range from $250 to $10,000.
- Coinsurance out-of-pocket maximum $2,000 per term (in-network, after deductible, per person).
- Prescription drug preferred price card. (You pay for prescriptions at the pharmacy at the lowest price available and submit a claim to us.)
- Costs less.
- You take more responsibility for medical expenses.
- Deductible is per cause. You satisfy your deductible for each cause of medical services (illness or injury).
- Deductibles range from $250 to $5,000.
- Coinsurance out-of-pocket maximum $4,000 per cause (in-network, after deductible, per person).
- Prescription drug discount card. (You may purchase drugs at savings of 20-25%. Discounts may vary.)