Get Instant Florida Health Insurance Quotes
First of all, if you are shopping for Florida individual and family health insurance you came to the right place. We offer the ability to buy a quote and purchase a policy right here on this site. East Coast Health Insurance is also located in South Florida, in the city of Deerfield Beach.
Our Promise to You
We offer both individual and family health insurance quotes from every major Florida health insurance company and the Florida Health Insurance Exchange. And because we started in Florida, no one knows the market better than us — and this includes our expansive database of Florida Government Health Assistance plans for those that don’t qualify for individual health coverage. I personally researched that article for several hours, and spent even longer updating our Florida County Health Plan database which consists of free plans offered by all Florida counties. I also have an extensive list of Florida Free Public Clinics for those that are between health plans and need to see a doctor but can’t pay for it. There are more resources available here so please explore our Florida Public Assistance section.
If you are wondering why I spent so much time on this, it is because I believe that all Floridians (everyone, really) has a right to medical care whether they can pay for it or not, whether you are suffering from an uninsurable condition, or are just between jobs. We have also spent a considerable amount of time educating our agents in the various government health plans available to the needy, so please call our trained Florida agents anytime to help you answer your questions, from where is the local Medicaid office to which Public Health Plan would be best for a child. We do this at no charge, and if one of our agents is not helpful or doesn’t offer you the kind of attention that I am promising, please call back (888 803 5917) and ask to speak to Jeremy or Caroline Ehrenthal, and we will personally address all of your concerns.
Florida’s Health Insurance Companies and Our Florida Health Quote Engine
Our quote engine can currently display quotes from Aetna, AvMed, Cigna, Humana, Coventry and United. East Coast Health Insurance also offers nearly 100 pages on Florida health insurance to research every conceivable question. We have a page or more on every Florida health insurance company and are constantly updating and answering new questions for this site. If you think we are missing something, we encourage you to mention on our contact/feedback page and we will add it right away.
Things to Be Careful of when Shopping for Health Insurance in Florida
Never buy a discount plan unless it’s AAA and includes three car tows a year. These are not necessary and will sometimes hurt you more than help you as they might impede us from getting you a social program through the county, state, or federal government. If you are about to buy a discount or mini-med plan, unless it is to be paired with an actual health insurance policy with a high deductible (AND EVEN AT THAT POINT YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED), you should pick the phone and call us at 888 803 5917.
If you have any other carriers besides the ones offered by East Coast Health Insurance, you should look at your policy and look at the first page and make sure that your maximum out of pocket is at least defined. Many companies will sell you a policy with no defined maximum out of pocket, I could name these carriers but suffice it to say that you should always have a defined MOOP (maximum out of pocket). Secondly, you should have one annual deductible, not one per incident. Lastly, and also very important, there should be no caps on anything.
What are Your Specific Health Insurance Benefit Priorities?
What separates most of our happy customers from the ones that pay their bills with a frown every month, are the ones who have the Florida health insurance plans from Coventry, Cigna, or AvMed. What separates these medical insurance plans? It is, in fact, that they have co-pays for everything else besides just office visits and prescriptions. This plan type, specifically the Coventry plan in my case, has saved me hundreds of dollars per year in medical costs as it is very comprehensive.
I am not preaching that HMO’s here are the only health insurance plans to buy, but I will tell you that if you are willing to put up with certain things you will save money over the course of a year. For instance, if you tend to go to the emergency room or have diagnostic testing, etc., then these type of Florida health insurance plans are usually ideal.
Florida Health Insurance Policy Points
1. In Florida, Aetna, AvMed, Cigna, Humana, and Coventry Health Care are domiciled carriers. This means basically that they are bound by the laws of Florida for their policies.
2. Right now in much of Florida anyways, Cigna or Humana offers the most affordable health insurance policy.
3. If you live in South Florida and cannot afford health insurance, you might be able to qualify for one of the county health plans.
4. Always consider Aetna if you have a family with more than 4 members. Aetna in Florida offers flat pricing, so as you add more to the policy the cost per member comes down and it can easily go from the most expensive plan to the most affordable plan.
5. We are big fans of the HMO from Coventry in South Florida. The word is, Humana is about to offer an HMO plan as well in Miami-Dade.
6. If you are over 50 years old and/or take more than 1 medication, I recommend you apply with multiple Florida health insurance companies.
7. Only buy health insurance from a broker that offers multiple health insurance companies. One that doesn’t is not acting in your best interest.
8. Call East Coast Health Insurance at 888 803 5917 for all your Florida health insurance needs.