HealthNet Individual & Family Plans
A Better Decision Starts with a Clear Understanding
Health Net is intent on providing an array of plans so you can select what works best for you and your family. In addition, they offer a variety of programs to help you make decisions about your health care needs.
If you are self-employed, between jobs, or just looking for dependable, affordable health care coverage, they have a plan that is right for you. Health Net offers the flexibility to choose a different coverage option for each member of your family.
What is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)? HMO plans are designed for people who want more predictable costs and one doctor to coordinate all of your medical care. Services are made available through in-network providers contracted with Health Net.
What is a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization)? PPO plans are designed for people who want to see licensed physicians and health care professionals, and are willing to pay a bit more for it. Visits to specialists can be made without a referral from your personal doctor. PPOs offer in- and out-of-network services; you’ll pay more with out-of-network services.
What is a High-Deductible HSA-Compatible PPO plan? A high-deductible PPO plan allows you to use a Health Savings Account (HSA). These plans have a high medical and pharmacy deductible. You have options that can help you choose the care that is right for you, while keeping control over your health care dollars.
Health Net Plans
The Benefit & Rate Overviews provide you with plan benefit and rate information for each HealthNet plan. Rates vary by age, gender and county. Please review them carefully and select the plan that’s right for you.
How to Enroll
Complete the online application and submit it electronically. Remember to:
- Select the plan that’s right for you.
- If you select an HMO plan, you must select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) by using Health Net’s online provider directory, DocSearch. If you select a PPO or HSA plan, you do not need to select a PCP.
- Complete all sections of the application – missing information will delay the process.
- Include credit card information for payment of your first month’s premium – your premium will not be deducted until your application is approved.
- Print a copy of your application for your records before submitting.