Health Insurance for Individuals who are 65 or Older (and do not need a Nursing Home Level of Care)
AHCCCS offers health insurance for individuals 65 and older. For those who qualify, there are no monthly premiums.
For more information, select one of the following:
The applicant may qualify for this program if the applicant:
- Is an Arizona Resident
- Is an United States citizen or a qualified immigrant (if the person is not a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant, they may still be eligible for emergency services.)
- Has a Social Security number or applies for one
- To apply for a Social Security number visit the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Make a copy of the form submitted as confirmation of applying for a Social Security Number
- Applies for potential income that may be available, such as unemployment, pensions, and Social Security
- Is under the income limit
This chart shows how much money the person can receive each month (gross monthly income) before taxes and other deductions are subtracted.
It is also important to know that if someone is working, AHCCCS may subtract an amount for work expenses.
|Family Size||Gross Monthly Income Limit|
|Applicant and Spouse||$1261|
Income limits change every April 1.
Please use the Applicants Menu on the left for information about how to apply, covered services, available health plans, and additional resources. For other questions, please contact us.